Pet afraid of fireworks?
Tricks for a pet friendly holiday
More dogs are lost on July 4th than any other day of the year. Between the noisy fireworks, people coming and going, and spending your time outdoors—it’s easy for pets to wander off. Stay prepared and keep your furry loved ones safe with the following tips:
- Keep your pet inside whenever you can
- Administer calming supplements.
- When they’re outside, keep them on a leash or keep a close eye on them.
- Create a safe space in a quiet room with their favorite bed, blanket, and a bowl of water.
- Try making your own anti anxiety wrap
- Keep your windows closed and play calming music.
- Make sure their identification is accurate and visible (write your phone number on their tummy in sharpie in case they get loose without their collar)